Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Technique Tuesday: Corner Rounders!

And we're back!  I have been a huge slacker the last few weeks when it comes to our blog.  I'm so sorry followers.  It's amazing how quickly the weeks get away from me.  I need to be better about writing these posts ahead of time, but I never think about it.  Anyway...since it is Tuesday it's time for a new technique for the week.

Honestly, I am a bit stumped at what to write about today, so I'm going to make it quick and easy.  I love to add a little something to my cards by rounding the corners.  It's really easy to do.  All you need is a corner rounder.  You can buy this at any scrapbooking or craft show.  How well it works is really a "you get what you pay for" kind of thing.  We have one or two from Hobby Lobby or Michaels and they work well, but the one I have from Creative Memories is by far the best I've used.

You can round corners in any way you want.  If you like things to be uniform you can round everything like I did for Cameron's birthday invitations below.  It also looks nice when you round the corners to your actual card.  It adds just a little bit of fun.

 I always mix it up by leaving some corners sharp and rounding others.  Now, one thing you should do is round all the corners that are layered together.  If you round the top and bottom right corners of your actual card then you need to round the laters you put on top of the card.  You don't have to, but I think it makes it look cleaner.

You do not have to round the corners of your actual card and still round the layers on top.  That always looks nice.  As you can read above there are so many ways you can make your cards look beautiful and fun using your corner rounder!  Now go out and create some of your own.  Please share then with us if you have a really pretty card or a fun technique with corner rounding.  :)

Happy Crafting! Lisa and Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment