Sunday, May 6, 2012

Owl Book Themed Baby Shower

Wow have we been busy.  School is ending in only five weeks and those weeks including lots of district and state testing, as well as, a bunch of orders that have come in just this week.  We have so many great ideas for our orders and can't wait to get started on them.  

This post is for a very special person, Jess, my crafting partner and best friend.  When I found out that she was pregnant I was hoping she would let me host her baby shower.  We set a date for it and I began designing invitations to match her "Owl" Nursery Theme.  

These are the four samples I made for her.  I had a lot of fun making each of them.  Her favorites were the round one and the one on the right. She decided to go with the owl on the right side of the picture.  It was time to get started on making them!  

She asked me several times if she could help, but I refused to let her.  She wouldn't let me help with my bridal shower invites ;)  I did enlist my sister and mom's help with gluing since I am not used to doing a large order on my own.  

The owl's body was so easy and turned out really cute when I embossed it with circles using the Cuttlebug.  Also, I used a scalloped edge punch to add a dimension of extra feathers.  **Note-don't look at the mess in the background.  I told you we've been busy  :) **


The heads were cut out on the Cricut and folded in half. 
 For something so cute, it's great for it to be somewhat easy to make.  

Owl Baby Shower invite with the wings closed.  Jess loves how the wings cover up the majority of the invitation hidden inside.  The colors go so well together.  Jess is using turquoise, gray and orange for the nursery, so I wanted to incorporate those colors.  

Owl Baby Shower invite with the wings open.  

The theme of the shower is not only owls, but books.  Jess wanted to get her child started off right with a bunch of books for his library.  Each guest is asked to bring a children's book of their choice instead of a card with a note written inside for the baby.  Such a fun idea and a way to always remember your guests.  This is a bookmark we created to match the invitation asked the guests to bring a book.  The guests will get to keep the bookmark to use with their own favorite book.  

Other than this adorable order, we finished beautiful blue and yellow wedding invitations and some samples for a fishing themed first birthday.  Can't wait to post those pictures for you to see soon!  

Happy crafting!  Lisa 

1 comment:

  1. If you don't mind me asking what cartridge did you use for the owl invites?

    ReplyDelete