Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wedding Wednesday!

Another post...Holy Moly!  I'm so proud of myself.  :)  Lisa and I wanted to start another weekly post you can always count on. This one is called Wedding Wednesday.  Each Wednesday, we will share different items or invitations we've created for friends and customers.  

I thought we would start with my favorite wedding we've ever done...Lisa's!!!  She got married two years ago and it was a beautiful day.  She purchased or ordered all of her paper materials from Michaels.  We did not have a Hobby Lobby close at that time.  We use both stores for materials now.  

As you can see by the picture below we made all of her signs, favors, invitations, programs, and other items to match.  I love the colors Lisa chose.  They complimented each other so well.  


I hosted Lisa's bridal shower, so instead of buying the invitations I had to design and create them myself.  I wanted it to be fun and pleasing to the eye.  This pocket invitation was easy to make and I enjoyed the fact that it help the invite and any additional papers neatly.  
Invitation inside pocket
Invitation outside pocket
 Banners are an easy way to add color and pizazz to any event of party.  I also find them really fun to make.  I created this pennant banner to hang across our kitchen.  

Lisa found this fun design while searching around online.  She took the image of the invitation and changed it around to make it her own.  She changed the sizing, obviously the patterns, and the inserts.  Her entire invitations were made by hand by us.  Whew!!  
The outside of her invitation
The invitation when you opened it up
The invitation with the inserts out
She came up with a really fun programs.  They could hang on the chairs or a hook as guests walked into the ceremony.  Each program had inserts with bridal party information and the ceremony events.  

Insert removed (sorry about the blurry picture)
 I was in charge of making the signs for the wedding.  We used the Cricut for these.  Signs always add a little something to the decor and help guide your guests.  
This sign was attached to a bucket of flip flops.
This sign was attached to a red wagon that Lisa's niece
 and flower girl road in for the ceremony.  
Weddings are so much fun to create invitations and accessories for.  I would have to say that it's one of my favorite things to work on and design for a special couple.  

Happy Crafting! Lisa and Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment