Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fun, Crafty Gift!

Happy Thursday!  I don't know about you, but I'm so excited that tomorrow is Friday and that's it's a 3 day weekend!!  That is great news.  :)  Anyway, on to the crafty stuff.

Lisa and I try to create creative and homemade gifts for people in our family and our friends each holiday season.  This is one that I made for my 15 year old sister.  She can be difficult to buy for because she's a teenager and her mind changes constantly.  Also, when I make her a gift I want it to be something she will enjoy to look at, but that won't just go up on a shelf and be forgotten.  Here is what I came up with this past Christmas.  She loved it.

It's made out of a mini acrylic "scrapbook."  I used a bunch of paper scraps I had laying around that were bright and colorful.  I knew she would love all the color.  Below is the cover of the mini book.  It's only about 2 inches by 3 inches, so I couldn't fit much on it.  I thought "life" would be a great way to begin.

My sister is finishing her freshman year of high school tomorrow, which is crazy to think of, so this scrapbook is a summary of that year.  She loves to get creative posing for pictures with her friends as you can see below.  I used modge podge to seal all pictures and paper, so if they got wet they wouldn't be ruined.  I was worried it wouldn't work on the acrylic, but it worked very well.

These pages are just more personalized pictures and designs for her.  I love the stripe I did with the picture of her cheerleading friends.  It matches their uniforms perfectly.  So fun!





This is just one fun idea we have used to scrapbook.  There are so many more that we want to try, but one at a time.  We look forward to showing you some of the other ideas we have come up with to show off your favorite pictures.

Happy Crafting! Jess (and Lisa)

No comments:

Post a Comment