Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Crafting and Birthdays!

Happy Sunday friends and followers!  We hope your weekend has been great!  We had a pretty successful weekend here at Simply Be Inspired.  We've made a lot of decisions business-wise.  We also had our first Mommy Craft Night since our sweet babies were born.  Lisa had the brilliant idea to put the babies to bed and stay up late completing some crafts we had started for ourselves.  It was so much fun and exactly what we both needed.  I created some birthday cards, so hopefully I won't have to make one on the fly anymore.  Here are a few samples.  

This is one of my favorites.  I chose a plain color for the actual folded card.  Then, I cut a piece of birthday paper for the front of the card.  I stamped a birthday message a one layer and put a piece of polka dotted green over top.  I don't have a sewing machine, so I make the "stitching" with a pen.  I think it looks cute.  Then, I added a coordinating button and ribbon with 30 because it's for a 30th birthday.  LOVE this card!  
"Cupcakes" card
I used a bunch of scraps for this card.  It was very easy to make.  I cut the strips, so all 6 would fit evenly on the card.  I used a fun punch to create the design.  Then, I used Baker's Twine to match each strip inside a white button.  Add a celebrate stamp and the card is completed.  
"Colors and Buttons"
For this card I used an eggplant purple cardstock.  Scraps are one of my favorite items to use for cards and I did it here.  I used some lime green and blue that I had left over from another card to make these "ribbons."  Then, I stamped Happy Birthday on white cardstock and colored it with colored pencils.  A little bit of Baker's Twine wrapping the message popped the words a bit.  Love!
"Birthday Ribbons"
 A little bit goes a long way with this card.  It is so incredibly simple (as most of these cards are), but just that little bit of pattern and color makes the card so special.  For this card I used blue cardstock for the actual card.  Then, white cardstock, so the other colors pop.  I made little pattern "ribbons" for the left corner.  Some white Baker's Twine threaded through a coral button gives another dimension to this card.  Lastly, I stamped "Make a Big Wish" in the right corner to balance the card and it is finished!  
Make a Big Wish
 This fun card is geared toward girls obviously.  The use of different pinks and patterns really draws the eye.  First, Lisa chose 4 different patterns.  The top right was a plain piece of pink paper that Lisa embossed on our Cuddlebug.  Each piece was cute so they fit neatly onto the ivory card stock.  Then, Lisa added a fushia flower and pink button to add a bit more dimension.  
Pink Fusion

Lisa made such a fun card with this one.  First, she chose orange as the card.  Then, a fun striped pattern for the background.  Next, she used coordinating paper and cut them in squares.  She added ribbon to make the squares look like gifts.  Lastly, she used a cursive stamp at the bottom to balance the card.  A male or female would love to receive this card for their birthday!  
Patterned Gifts
This is just a glimpse at what we worked on this weekend.  We are looking forward to sharing our techniques and wedding posts this week!  Have a great week friends!

Happy Crafting! Lisa and Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment